- Analyzes specifications, lays out metal stock, sets up and operates machine tools, fits or assembles parts to fabricate or repair metalworking dies, cutting tools, jigs, fixtures, gauges, and machinists' hand tools.
- Studies specifications such as blueprints, sketches, models, or descriptions, and visualizes product to determine materials required; machining to be used to fabricate parts.
- Inputs dimensions, plans layout, and determines assembly method and sequence of operations.
- Measures, marks, and scribes metal stock for machining.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathes, milling machine, shaper, and grinder, to machine parts, and verifies conformance of machined parts to specifications.
- Verifies dimensions, alignments, and clearances.
- Examines standard or previously used dies, tools, and jigs and fixtures, and recommends design modifications regarding construction and function of part.
- Develops specifications from general descriptions for specialty tools and draws or sketches design of product.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Continue to grow lean knowledge and use the tools to identify and assist with continuous improvement
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
- All other duties as assigned.
If interested, please apply for the following position by clicking on the link below!