- Must be proficient in CAD and 3D, preferably AutoCad and/or Solid Works.
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods.
- Coordinates the cost estimating efforts on selected new potential products.
- Analyzes and plans workforce utilization, space requirements, workflow and layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Provides leadership and support to all manufacturing departments with an emphasis on developing process documentation, standards, quality improvements, and cost reductions.
- Investigates and justifies new technologies and processes to improve our cost competitiveness and overall customer service levels.
- Provides support to project engineers in the development of new products and the manufacture of prototype parts to assure a successful new product launch.
- All other duties as assigned.
Success Factors (KSAs):
- Ability to communicate and distribute information to others both orally and in writing.
- Working Experience in Lean manufacturing practices a plus.
- Ability to follow safety policies and procedures.
- Proficient in problem solving and troubleshooting parts.
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts and operations.
- Must be familiar with PPAP procedures and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from a four-year college or university required.
- A minimum of two years related experience in manufacturing field.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Work is performed primarily in an office setting and is essentially required to sit most of the time.
- The associate must be required to lift items up to 40 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet; however may be exposed to loud noise levels while performing responsibilities in the manufacturing areas.
- Work is performed under the supervision of the Engineering Manager.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Applications are currently being accepted on a walk-in basis with an opportunity to interview at the time of application if time allows.
If interested, please apply for the following position by clicking on the link below!